Roger Vicker, CCP
spectrum IT professional
- Specializing in IBM i (formerly AS400, iSeries/400, System i),
IBM compatible PC and Microsoft Windows (including WinXP, Windows 2003
server & Windows 2008 server).
- Proud sponsor of Southwestern Community College (SWCC) for the IBM
Partners in Education program. Assisting SWCC in getting, installing,
and teaching on an IBM i (formerly AS400, iSeries/400, System i).
- Based in Southwest Iowa I provide:
- assistance in establishing a web presence (individual domain, web
pages, email services).
- selection assistance (hardware, software and services) of what you
need not what I sell.
- setup (hardware and software).
- installation. (new systems, add on cards, modems, scanners, etc.)
- ongoing support services. (system checks, file cleanups, malware
removal, virus removal, log and fix reviews)
- training on what you really want to learn. (Individual or
Group, Office or Class room)
- plain English explanations.
- in training I'll show you how once, coach while you do it yourself
once, then be your safety net while you do it again.
- translation of technical manuals into what you need to
- all the above also applies to internet access (web surfing, e-mail,
news groups, connections).
- Network design, installation and maintenance. Local Network or
- all at your location so you don't need to pack up and move your
- I don't subscribe to the "Less is more" nor the "Bigger is Better"
philosophy. I try to find the right value in between the two. If
something provides more return than what it costs or is involved to get
it, then it is worth adding/doing.
- Recent projects have included:
- Manufacturing (MRP II) (installation, customization, and on going
- Conversion to B&L Information Systems Manufacturing (BLIS/400),
on going add-ons and support.
- Inventory systems (PC with WIN98, iSeries/400 formerly AS400).
- Harbinger Premenos EDI interface and installation.
- Software Plus Payroll (installation, customization and on going
- EzPrint/400 check printing (installation, and on going support).
- Utility Billing System (conversion from S36 emulation on a PC
network to AS/400, revision, updating, and on going enhancements).
- Bar Coded manufacturing shop floor data collection (installation,
customization and data transfer to AS/400).
- Bar Coded Shipping labels.
- Bar Coded invoices.
- General Ledger with Projects, Budgeting, and Cash Account Tracking
- Remote Access Server (RAS) installation and configuration.
Sometimes known as Remote Dial-in Server, Dial-up Server, or Dial-up
Networking. It is any device that allows you to connect to your
private network by using modems and regular telephone lines.
- IBM i (formerly AS400, iSeries/400, System i) server setup with
Ethernet and TCP/IP.
- Domino and Notes setup on IBM i (formerly AS400, iSeries/400,
System i) including:
- Domain configuration.
- Publicly accessible web server.
- SMTP for email.
- Web access to email.
- Apache web server setup on iSeries/400 (formerly AS/400) with Domino
- Networking with Ethernet and TCP/IP including:
- Firewall installation and configuration.
- VPN connection of 2 or more sites, installation and
- Wireless Access Point and networking installation and
- Domain registration and configuration.
- Setup and configuration of web sites with third party web hosting.
- DSL, Cable Modem and Wireless connections to the Internet.
- Small office networks based on Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008
server and various PCs (Win9x, Win2K, & WinXP)
- Linuux based network monitoring (Nagios) and file-print serving
- Palm PDA custom projects.
- Video Surveillance using Windows XP PC and Geovision products
- Certified Computer Professional since 1987.
Participant in Professional Development program (120 contact hours of
continuing education each 3 year cycle).
Roger Vicker, CCP
1333 Hwy. 25
Creston, Ia. 50801-8029
Phone: (641) 782-2004
for more information
Machine: (641) 782-8746
Visit Vicker Pony Farm.
Visit Vicker Harness Shop.
Return to Vicker Home Page.
All contents and photos are copyrighted © 1996-2004 by
Roger Vicker and may not be re-distributed.
For more information on certification from
An IBM midrange focused volunteer community
and education source.
Southwestern Iowa Community College